Everything you wanted to know about laser skin rejuvenation
With age, the functions of our body gradually slow down. And this is what skin ageing is associated with. Visible signs may appear even earlier if you are constantly in the sun, smoking or suffering from stress. All this leads to pigmentation, wrinkles, loss of skin tone. The good news is that you can stop this process.
Laser rejuvenation is an opportunity to get beautiful skin without traces of acne, scars and pigmentation. Let’s understand what it is, who is suitable for such a procedure, and who is not, what are its varieties.
What is this technique?
Laser skin rejuvenation is a non-surgical type of cosmetic intervention. The skin becomes more elastic and healthy in appearance, wrinkles are smoothed.
Indications for the laser rejuvenation procedure:
- the presence of stretch marks, scars;
- pigment spots;
- increased oiliness of the skin, enlarged pores;
- loss of skin turgor;
- age wrinkles.
How the procedure is performed
First, the skin is cleansed by scrubs and exfoliators applied on the face. Then, the patient is anaesthetized. An analgesic solution is applied to the skin. After that, the cosmetologist begins to treat the skin with a laser. After the procedure, the skin is softened with a moisturizer. The laser therapy session usually lasts about an hour.
Types of laser rejuvenation
It is the most affordable and most gentle method for the skin. The procedure improves the contours of the face, helps to get rid of acne.
With this method, the laser affects the upper layer of skin and burns it. Additionally, hyaluronic acid is used. It fights the noticeable signs of ageing and deep wrinkles.
Advantages of the procedure:
- effectiveness as it helps to solve many dermatological problems;
- suitable for all skin types;
- does not require surgery, a worthy alternative to plastic surgery;
- leaves no scars;
- permanently eliminates cosmetic defects;
- the effect lasts up to five years.
Disadvantages of laser rejuvenation:
- eliminates not all wrinkles;
- the effect is achieved through several procedures;
- after the procedure, you need to avoid the sun;
- the effect is less than in plastic surgery.