How to make manicure at home
Coco Chanel insisted that hands are a woman's business card. They are in mind, so it is important to keep them well-groomed and have a neat nail shape and soft skin. Hygienic hand care should become the same habit as brushing your teeth in the morning. If during quarantine it is not possible to visit a specialist, then information on how to do a manicure at home will help you cope with this task yourself.
To make a hygienic manicure you will need:
- nail file (glass or metal);
- pusher (or you can use an orange stick);
- liquid soap;
- towel and water;
- cuticle oil.
Technique of performance
- Cut the free edge with a nail file, and give it a shape. The nail file should be worked strictly before soaking or after. The nails should already be completely dry. It is important to remember that clippers can cut your nails when they are wet and become softer. Dry nail-biting is not desirable, this leads to delamination. You can remove the film with a buff.
- Take a pusher or an orange stick, gently slide the cuticle and apply a remover (it saves a lot of time and removes most of the soft material).
- Dip your hands into a warm bath. The cuticle is soaked for 5-7 minutes (with a softening gel).
- Remove the finger from the bath, and wipe a little, it should remain moist. Slide the cuticle to the end, but don't overdo it. Try to keep the pusher almost parallel to the nail.
- Take the scissors and gently remove the cuticle with one smooth slice.
- Use a clipper to remove the peel from the side rollers. Do not allow the cuticle to stick to the blades to remove it while in operation, just lower them for a couple of seconds in the bowl.
- If you do not plan to polish your nails, apply a little oil to the cuticle and cream to your hands. And if you apply gel nail polish, oil and cream should be used after decorative coating.
Then you can start the design. If you are using a gel varnish, then the oil and cream should be applied after the coating. What is the purpose of applying the oil? It helps the skin to tighten quickly and get a well-groomed look, some types have a decontamination effect.
This kind of hygienic manicure is performed without the use of a cutting tool, only with an orange stick and a pumice pencil. The basis of the European manicure is the remover.
- pumice pencil;
- pusher or orange sticks;
- bath with sea salt;
- natural nail file;
- cuticle oil;
- Give the free edge a shape. Remove the film with a buff. Carefully remove all dust from the nails with a brush.
- Apply remover to the cuticle and do not push it. We would like to remind you that the European manicure is performed with almost no cuticle.
- Dip your fingers into the salt bath for about 5 minutes. It is better to use sea salt as a filler, it opens the cuticle better. Don’t keep your fingers in the water for too long.
- Work one finger at a time. Sweep it out of the water and remove anything that the remover softened with an orange stick.
- Take the pumice pencil and put it in the bath, it should always be wet. Remove the cuticle from its centre, first to one side, then to the other. Handle the side rollers with light movements. Do not allow the pumice pencil to come close to the nails and base of the nail, otherwise, you will damage the nail plate. Use a pumice pencil only on the skin.
- Apply oil to the cuticle and cream to the hands.
A self-made manicure at home is ready! Remove the remnants of cream or oil with a napkin and you can apply varnish.