Nicotinic acid for hair care
Nicotinic acid is a popular remedy used for hair growth and density. However, not everyone dares to try it because of conflicting information about it online. How do you know if nicotinic acid is right for you? And if appropriate, how to use it to maximum advantage? GoBeauty Blog learned about it.
What is nicotinic acid
Despite its name, it has nothing to do with tobacco. It is a drug that is a form of vitamin B (PP). It is also often called niacin or nicotinamide.
In medicine, nicotinic acid is used to treat diseases associated with metabolic disorders, as well as acute vitamin deficiency. They are, in fact, the main culprits of hair problems. That’s why “nicotine” is so effective.
Niacin can be found in pharmacies in the form of whitish small granules, that are well soluble in warm water. But more often vitamin PP occurs in the form of a solution in ampoules. The latter works best on the hair.
To accelerate hair growth, nicotinic acid does not have to be injected intravenously, as is done in hospitals. It is most effective to apply it on the scalp in its pure form. It is known that the skin is our largest organ, and the scalp has the largest pores and sebaceous glands, which absorb the product perfectly.
The effectiveness of nicotinic acid for hair
Nicotinic acid affects the vessels of the scalp, so blood circulation improves and metabolic processes are improved. It can:
- reduce the oiliness of curls;
- make hair more docile, shiny, well-groomed;
- enhance the natural colour and extend the durability of the dye;
- increase density by accelerating growth.
How to use nicotinic acid
The most effective use of the remedy is rubbing in the root of the hair, this is how it affects directly.
- It is necessary to take 1-2 ampoules of nicotinic acid (depending on the length of hair and the ability to rub). Not everyone is perfectly able to distribute 1 ampoule, so prepare 2 for the first time.
- Mix in a ratio of 1: 2, ie 1 part ampoule to 2 parts water (or decoction of herbs to choose from nettle, thyme, sage, burdock).
- Rub the resulting mixture vigorously into the hair roots. It is at the roots because the product affects only the skin, it makes no sense to distribute it on the hair.
- Hold on your hair for 30 minutes.
- Put on a shower cap and wrap with a towel. This will create a small sauna effect, will keep warm.
- Rinse with water. Some girls do not rinse their heads, but we would still recommend rinsing to avoid burning or itching.
Using nicotinic acid is important as a course. It makes no sense to use it if you apply it once every two weeks. The course lasts on average about 2-3 weeks (if you wash your head often, then 2 weeks, if less often, then 3 weeks).
Apply the product on the hair every time you wash your head. Only after you wash your hair with shampoo and let it dry slightly.